Filled Sandbags approx 15kg each
- Inc VAT & Delivery
- Product Code: SBPPP1006F
- Availability: In Stock
800 denier woven polypropylene
Open hemmed top with single folded base
Tie stitched at top for closure
Filled with sand - 15Kg Sandbags
Sandbags can be used to stop or limit flood water entering buildings. This information will help you get the best use out of your sandbags when used domestically.
How much sand do I need?
We supply empty sandbags and filled sandbags; if you are buying you sandbags empty then these guidelines are designed to assist you when filling sandbags.
• One sandbag will require approx 15kg of sand or soil.
• 10 sandbags will require 150kg of sand or soil.
• 50 sandbags will require 750kg or 1 tonne of sand or soil.
• Only fill your sandbag up to three quarters full as it can then be moulded easily into the right shape.
• Filling and carrying sandbags is heavy work - consider your own health.
• You should tie off the top of a filled sandbag with string.
• Place sandbags against doorways and pack them in tightly to provide the best protection against water.
• Don't forget to seal up air bricks or vents close to the ground. You may need to turn off heating appliances to do this safely.
How to place sandbags
• Lift the sandbag by the neck and place it across the doorway.
• Ensure it is bedded in against the door and frame.
• Make sure the neck is pulled back across the top of the bag.
• Layer the sandbags in brick formation ensuring that joints are staggered.
Other things to remember
• Sandbags will stop a few inches of water for a while before water seeps through.
The deeper the water gets, the quicker it will seep through.
Be prepared to remove water which seeps behind the sandbags.
• Woven Polypropylene sandbags will not rot but become brittle and disintegrate if left in the sun.
• Used sandbags may be contaminated. Please consider your own safety and wear gloves when disposing of used bags.
The bags can be disposed of in your bin, and contents can be safely used on garden flower beds etc.
Next working day delivery is available if the order is placed before 12 pm, if not the order will be dispatched the next working day. The listing price allows for delivery to mainland UK, for the rest of the UK or any special requirements/requests please contact us for a speedy response and quotation. The goods will arrive on a pallet and be sent through a pallet network. Access to the delivery address by a LGV truck is essential and we cannot take any responsibility for a missed delivery because of access. We cannot guarantee a delivery time and by ordering you are accepting for the goods to be left at the delivery address if no person is available when delivery is made. A hand pallet truck will be used for off-load and requires solid ground, gravel driveways may be unsuitable.